Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Weather in Kracow:

Krakow Weather forecast ©

> Frequently Asked Questions                                    

> Bespoke tours                                                          

> Insurance                                                                  


Crossing the border

Since 2004, Poland has been a member of the European Union and has signed the Schengen Agreement in 2007. This has resulted in the end of passport control at internal borders in the EU for people travelling by car. EU citizens travelling by plane or boat must have a passport (valid for at least 6 months) or an ID card. Non-EU citizens must have a passport and sometimes also a visa. More information HERE.

Time Zones

Poland lies in the Central European Time zone GMT + 01:00. From March to October, daylight saving time is GMT + 02:00. They use a 24-hour clock.

Electrical Plug/outlet and Voltage Information

The voltage in the Polish electrical network is 230V/50Hz. All devices designed to operate at a voltage of 220 - 240V should work without a problem. You will need to have a continental plug.


Poland is preparing to adopt the Euro, but they still currently use the Polish Zloty. You can easily find an ATM and withdraw money from all popular cards in the big cities there. The same applies for paying by card. When visiting smaller towns it is worth having cash. It is best to exchange money in banks or at a currency exchange office.

Exchange rates GBP/PLN.

Exchange rates EUR/PLN.

Exchange rates USD/PLN.


The fee for the waiter or waitress' service is usually not included in the bill. If you want, you can leave a tip on the table (approx. 10% of the bill) or round up the your payments and leave the change for the waiter.

Foreign Languages

It is becoming increasingly easier to communicates with Poles in other language, especially in English (also German and Russian). If you want to ask someone something, ask a younger person - they are more acquainted with other languages.

Photographing and Filming

You cannot take photographs or film at airports and working military bases, vehicles or officers. Besides that, we strongly e ncourage taking lots of photographs of anything you want - we might not visit the same areas again. Do not forget your camera and a spacious memory card.

Health and Insurance

You do not need any additional injections before going to Poland. There hasn't been an epidemic in Poland for many decades. There are no volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis or terrorists. To receive medical care in Poland, it would be worth getting a European Health Insurance Card - More and how to apply for an EHIC. The card is not an alternative to travel insurance.


We recommend using well known taxi companies and ordering a taxi by telephone. Never get into an unmarked car at the airport, railway station or night club. Always ask for a receipt when paying for the taxi. In company taxis you can usually pay by card. Phone numbers of reliable taxi companies in specific cities are available on request from the tour provider.


Tobacco is sold to people who are eighteen years of age. You may be asked to show your ID card. Smoking is not allowed at places such as airports, railway stations, museums, metro etc. Some large restaurants have an area designated for smoking customers.


Alcohol is sold only to people who are eighteen years of age. You may be asked to show your ID card. Polish vodka is known and praised all over the world. Poland is the fourth largest producer of vodka and the largest producer in the EU. 16 bottles of Polish vodka are sold every second. Polish beer is not as known as the vodka nonetheless, it is very good. We encourage adults to try this out for themselves.


There is no social norm in Poland that differs from that which is known in Western Europe.


Question: Can you book my flight?

Answer: No, we don't book and sell flight ticket. However, we can recomend connection from main cities of the UK.


Q: I will travel alone. Will I have to pay extra to receive a single room?

A: Yes, by to receive single rooms you will have to pay an extra £35 for each day.


Q: How do i book a place?

A: Reservations should be made using the booking form on the Militour website.


Q: Do i have to be insured?

A: It is compulsory that ALL our clients are adequately insured for the duration of their travel.


Q: Do I need my passport?

A: Any passports, visas, health certificates, international driving licenses and other travel documents required for Clients travel must be obtained by the Client and it remains the Clients responsibility to ensure that these are all in order and to pay any additional costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with such requirements.


Q: Can I change my booking?

A: Militour Ltd reserve the right to charge a fee of £50 for each amendment to a confirmed booking to cover administration costs in addition to any consequent charges passed onto us by our suppliers.


Q: Can i travel with a small child?

A: Yes. All children from the age of 5 are welcome. The only exception is when travelling to Auschwitz-Birkenau, children must be 13 or over.


Q: Is there anything I should know/bring before going travelling?

A:Before leaving, it is important that you pack a valid passport, your insurance, debit cards, telephone numbers to your bank in case you will need your card was damaged or stolen, health certificate, phone and other chargers, comfortable and sturdy footwear, camera and video camera. If you take an medicine, make sure to pack the right amount for the duration of the trip.


Q: What do i do if my luggage gets lost during my flight?

A: If your luggage is lost or damaged during your flights, it is the Clientís responsibility to immediately report this to the relevant luggage handling counter at the airport and fill out a Property Irregularity Report. This is to help the authority decide on compensation agreements. You can also insure your luggage. It is important not to have any important medicines or documents in your luggage, but in your hand luggage that you would take on board of the plane with you.


Q: When booking places for two people, will we be given a double room or two separate rooms?

A:When you book two places, you will automatically be given a double room. If you make a reservation for three people you will either get a triple room or a double room with an additional and foldable bed (depends on the hotel). If you book four or more places, please write in the Message box what kind of room arrangements you would like.


Q: What money should I bring with me?

A: Most UK cards are accepted in most places. You can exchange currency after arriving at the airport or collect other currencies from a cash machine. The money you will need is Euros and Polish Zloty.


Q: How will I find the a Militour guide upon arrival at the airport?

A: The guide will be waiting by the exit out of border control and will be wearing a Militour badge. The telephone number to your guide and other details will be sent to you by email 14 days before the start of your trip.


Q: What do I do if I wonít be able to attend the already purchased trip?

A: In the event of cancellation by the Client the following cancellation charges will be made by Militour. Additional fees may be required by our suppliers however we will notify the client at time of booking.

Cancellation period before departure: Charge as a proportion of total invoiced cost

70 days or more: Deposit only

69 days to 49 days: 20%

48 days to 29 days: 40%

28 days to 22 days: 60%

21 days to 10 days: 80%

9 days to 0 days: 100%

If a client does not show for their scheduled tour for any reason whatsoever cancellation fee is 100%.

Bespoke tours

If you are looking for destinations that you cannot find at other travel agents, we invite you to see our "Bespoke Tours". Just tell us where you want to go and the number of people that are going and we'll take care of the rest. We specialise in travelling across Poland as well as Germany, the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The programme of your trip is not limited by themes or anything else. We can take you to places associated with, for example, your ancestors, the Holocaust, steam train history, Fredrick Chopin etc. Everything will be planned and tailored according to your wishes. CONTACT us to find out more and to start preparing your trip!

Be safe

999 - Emergency

997 - Police

998 - Fire

112 - General emergency number from mobile

0800 200 300 - General emergency number in english, dutch and russian - LAND LINE only; free of charge

0608 599 999- General emergency number in english, dutch and russian - MOBILE only; charge operator fees

+0044 - international cod to Poland

British Embassy Warsaw WWW:

Telephone +48 22 311 00 00

Fax +48 22 311 03 13

Consular enquiries:

General enquiries:

Address: ul. Kawalerii 12, 00-468 Warsaw.


It is compulsory that ALL our clients are adequately insured for the duration of their travels with Militour Ltd. A copy of an insurance certificate has to be sent to Militour Ltd with bookong form.